For your convenience, Sidney Chiropractic and Massage Therapy offers direct billing for your healthcare treatments.
Currently, we are approved to direct bill to the following providers:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Green Shield Canada
- Medavie Blue Cross* (some limitations due to provider registration)
Please arrive a few minutes prior to your appointment to provide your insurance information.
You will need to provide us with the policy number and ID for your extended care company, and our reception staff will take care of the rest.
Occasionally you may have to pay the entire cost of your treatment up front.This may happen for several reasons not limited to:
- You having a deductable to pay down first before your extended coverage begins covering treatment expenses
- You have used up your coverage for the year.
- Your plan does not cover the therapy offered at the clinic or the Practitioner is not registered for Direct Billing.
- Please be aware that there are limitations to the amount of information we are allowed to access regarding your Extended Insurance claims. Ultimately it is up to you to know what your plan will cover, any deductibles and limitations on treatment coverage.
Direct Billing Limitations
Partial Coverage – If your plan does not cover the full cost of a treatment, you will be billed and issued a receipt for the remainder portion of your treatment costs.
There are some circumstances in which we may ask you to pay the full amount upfront and then you must submit a claim reimbursement to your insurance provider yourself. Examples of why this might happen from time to time:
- Your insurance provider’s online portal is temporarily down
- Your insurance provider doesn’t offer this service to us
Secondary Insurance Coverage
We are not able to bill for any Secondary Coverage that you may have with other extended health insurance providers.
ICBC & WorkSafeBC
Our office does not bill directly to ICBC. We are happy to provide treatments for injuries sustained in a Motor Vehicle Collision but treatment fees are to be paid at time of service. Make sure to keep your receipts because ICBC will often reimburse a portion of your treatment fees when you submit your claim.
WorksafeBC claims can be billed for Chiropractic Services only.